Hethel Innovation are looking to recruit a Maintenance Technician into their small team who operate Scottow Enterprise Park; a pioneering business park in North Norfolk, recycling an old RAF base to provide businesses with space to innovate.
As Maintenance Technician, you will help support the maintenance and repair of 126 buildings across SEP. This will include refurbishment of buildings, maintenance, and providing technical support to tenants and the team to ensure the park operates smoothly and continues to support developing businesses.
At Scottow Enterprise Park you will help the team develop the site into a leading business park whilst maintaining the heritage of the site. Through this, you will be supporting the tenants to develop their businesses and local community to engage with the heritage site.
This will involve supporting services including:
- Hands on approach to minor onsite repairs such as refurbishment, decorating, general small repairs to doors, wood work, drain covers and general items associated to maintenance repairs of older style buildings
- Carry out routine scheduled maintenance work, responding to equipment faults, diagnosing breakdown problems and carrying out quality inspections on jobs
- Assist with the delivery of repairs and estate management in conjunction with the Building and Infrastructure Manager
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequence in a timely manner
- Provide technical advice to other team members/other staff or to tenants
- Assist Building and Infrastructure Manager with improving Health and Safety policies and procedures for the site
- Arrange procurement of fixtures, fittings and components if required
- Support the smooth running of the site
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role, responsible for property/buildings maintenance and repair.
- Interaction with, and delivery of high-quality customer service.
Skills / Attributes
- Hands on ability and knowledge to understand small maintenance tasks.
- Confidence to meet new people
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to multi-task, and manage a heavy workload
- Able to work to deadlines and meet targets
- Good written English is essential – to be able to write reports
- Interpersonal, relationship building and networking skills
- Must possess repair rather than replace mindset
- Research skills and the ability to draw information from various sources
- Experience in the property sector is desirable.
- Understand H+S legislation and demonstrates good H+S standards
- Knowledge and understanding of risk assessments
- Knowledge of how a commercial business park works is desirable.
- A hard-working individual, who can work both in a team and individually
- A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work
- Ability to overcome problems as they arise, finding solutions in a timely manner
- Current, full driving licence, with access to a vehicle
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, when required
Salary and Location
The starting salary for the position will be £18,000, rising to £20,000 with experience. The normal expectation is that starting salary will be at the minimum of the advertised salary scale.
The position is full-time and based at Scottow Enterprise Park.
The post is available from 18th January 2018, or as soon as possible thereafter, on an indefinite full-time basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000.00 to £20,000.00 /year
- Maintenance Technician: 2 years
Required licence or certification:
- Full UK Driving Licence